GO TO THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY HOME PAGE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- When are you open, how much does it cost and how do I get there?
- See the hours and prices page here.
- Is it scary?
- Nightmare Factory is where your most frightening dreams become reality. As soon as you enter the front door, you will be transported into a realm of terror - a dark twisting maze through rooms populated with creatures from your worst nightmares. Your only goal will be to elude the predators who stalk you through the darkness - to be a survivor, not a victim, of the Factory.
- But is it really scary?
- Hey, fear is relative. We do our part by providing hands down the scariest haunted house in central Texas. Of course everyone has their own particular fear threshold and pet phobias (we like to collect pet phobias). The best answer we can give is that 99% of the people who come out the back door are screaming. Our repeat customer rate is very high. Conclusion: being scared is fun?
You've got adrenal glands, you be the judge.
- Will the monsters touch me?
- We have a "no touch" policy - you don't touch us, we don't touch you. Unfortunately, due to the very dim lighting inside the Factory, you may occasionally come into accidental contact with one of our staff. Our monsters will not grab or maul you.
- Can I bring my kids?
- By all means, bring the whole neighborhood! Again, fear is relative. We consider ourselves 'PG-13', but we've had six-year-olds walk through without a quiver and had to carry out grown men. Children under twelve should be accompanied by an adult. Young children who get to the front door and are too scared to enter will not be forced (not even by their well-meaning parents). Children who are too young to walk through on their own should not attend. We ask that you not carry in babies as this is not safe for the child. At your request, we will hold a spot in line for a family member who stays outside with a small child or baby while the rest of the group enters. We do not recommend Nightmare Factory for very young children.
- Is there a discount for small children?
- No. We do not recommend Nightmare Factory for very young children. If you choose to bring them, they will pay the same price as everyone else. Children who are too young or too scared to enter may wait for their party with the usher at the back door. You might consider coming on family night or picking up a coupon from one our our sponsors if cost is an issue. See the hours page for more detail!
- Do you offer group discounts?
- We offer group discounts for parties of 25 or more who pre-purchase wristbands before the 2nd weekend in October. You can purchase discounted group tickets by calling sales at 512-858-5063.
- We also offer generous discounts through our coupons and family nights which are available to any size group and does not require pre-purchasing. Grab coupons early, some stores run out close to Halloween! NO discounts are offered during the final week of October.
- Are you handicap accessible?
- Yes. We have patrons in wheelchairs visit us every year. In order to maintain our high safety standards, we do not recommend taking crutches and other such devices into the building. If you must use them, a staff member will accompany your group.
- Can anyone come to the Nightmare Factory?
- Nightmare Factory is not recommended for patrons with heart conditions, epileptics, expectant mothers, or children under 12 (unless accompanied by an adult).
- I drove past last year on Halloween night and there was a line. How long can I expect to wait?
- Wait times vary. On most nights you will not wait in line more than 5 to 10 minutes. Even on our very busiest nights, you usually will wait in line 20 minutes or less.
- How long should I leave my children before picking them up?
- Please DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN unattended! The haunted house is a walk-through, not an all night party. Your children can not stay inside unless they continue to pay re-admission. There is no indoor waiting area. Although we have employees outside to address any obvious problems, we are not staffed to provide supervision for unattended minors. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
- Are you the same as Nightmare on 5th Street?
- We were Nightmare on 5th Street for 5 years before we moved and changed our name to Nightmare Factory.
- Is it the same as last year?
- Absolutely not. The show changes every year, although we do keep some of the more popular scenes.
- Is it better than last year?
- Refer to questions 2 and 3. (But yes, we think so.)
- What charity does this benefit?
- To start with, Nightmare Factory is not a charity nor are we a non-profit organization of any kind. We have hosted benefit nights and made donations to several local organizations in the past including AIDS Services of Austin, Crimestoppers, the Police Officers Assistance Fund, and the A.I.S.D. Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program.
- Check our special nights listing for this year's benefit!
We hope to continue to contribute to worthwhile causes in the Austin area, but we are in business to make a profit (and have fun scaring people).
- Are you open Halloween?
- Gee, do you think anyone would come?
- Does anybody ever really ask that last question?
- strange but true
- You didn't answer my question.
- If you have questions we didn't answer, e-mail us at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as we can. If enough people ask the same question (or we just think it's an incredibly swell question) we'll add it to the FAQ list.
Go to the Nightmare Factory Haunted House Info
GO TO THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY HOME PAGE
SEARCH THE NIGHTMARE FACTORY